Tuesday, June 16, 2009

China Rim Restaurant












A friend had recommended this restaurant and told me the Mongolian Beef was great. I gave it a try and was disappointed. The dish seemed kind of greasy and not something special like I was hoping for. The Hot and Sour Soup was OK but not anything to get excited about. Another friend said that their chicken dishes were really the ones that were good and that I should try the Kung Pao Chicken. That day I started with the Egg Flour Soup and it was better than the Hot and Sour Soup but was still only so-so. The Kung Pau Chicken was good and definitely better than the Mongolian Beef but it was still only average.

This is definitely a family run restaurant and the service and people are pleasant. I was so hoping to find that "great" Chinese restaurant close to home but this definitely came up short. The prices were reasonable yet I doubt if I will visit them again.

China Rim Restaurant
455B Saltzman Road
Portland, OR
503-626-8883

No comments: