Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thai Basil Restaurant in Lake Oswego











It was nice to have lunch with my daughter Megan yesterday. As she will be moving to Corvallis for school in ten days, I know I will miss our "lunch dates" very, very much. But Corvallis is not that far away and I know we will still have our get-togethers...

We went to Thai Basil which is located near the I-5 and 217 interchange.

From the lunch menu, I had: PAD THAI -Our famous Thai rice noodles stir-fried with egg, onions, bean sprouts and crushed peanuts in our homemade Pad Thai Sauce.

Megan had: THAI BASIL FRIED RICE -Spicy fried rice with fresh chili, chicken, egg, onions, bell peppers and basil leaves.

I usually measure a Thai restaurant by their Pad Thai... mine was good but nothing spectacular... Megan's fried rice was very good though. They had some interesting curry dishes on the menu that I think I will explore should I get back there again. The restaurant wasn't very crowded ( 1 pm on Sat.) and the service was only so-so... Not much enthusiasm... :( But, a very beautiful decor.

Thai Basil
6328 SW Meadows Rd.
Lake Oswego
OR
503-601-8424
http://www.thaibasilcuisine.com/

No comments: