Monday, October 13, 2008

Snug Harbor Jazz Bistro · New Orleans, LA





I got into New Orleans around 9:30 PM and was ready for a late dinner. Snug Harbor is a wonderful jazz bistro where you can sit at the bar for dinner while live music from the jazz show is piped in from the lounge in back. This gives you a chance to hear the music before you pay a cover and go into the show.

Actually, I had dinner here twice... on my first night and my last night. On monday I had the shrimp creole. On Thursday I had the Crawfish Etouffe. Both were absolutely delicious.

This place is just outside the French Quarter and is very "low key"... this is where the locals go. The staff are especially warm and welcoming.

Also, of note, across the street is a great jazz club called The Spotted Cat. There is FREE jazz there nightly and a bottle of Bud is only $2. Again, the locals and bartenders are fun and welcoming.

Snug Harbor Jazz Bistro
626 Frenchmen Street
New Orleans, LA 70116
504.949.0696

No comments: