Monday, October 13, 2008

El Gato Negro - New Orleans, LA




This place is located by the French Market and is highly touted as a VERY authentic Mexican restaurant. Originally, I tried to go there for breakfast as they serve Huevos Rancheros which is one of my favorite breakfasts and Mexican dishes. Unfortunately, as I was told at lunch, they only open and serve breakfast on the weekend.

That said, I had been riding the street cars all day and I was absolutely starving when I came back for lunch. I had a fish taco with rice and beans. I know the picture looks very plain, but that is the rustic quality of authentic Mexican food. Anyway, it was absolutely delicious and inexpensive. Highly recommended!!

And, I thought I would include a picture of a beautiful statue of Joan of Ark that is situated right next to the French Market.

El Gato Negro
81 French Market Place
New Orleans, LA 70116
504.525.9752

No comments: