Monday, October 13, 2008

Adolfo's - New Orleans, LA




This is a real "hole in the wall" restaurant. It is located upstairs above a bar on Frenchman St. There is only a single door labeled Adolfo's... upstairs.

I felt the food here was very mediocre. On Tuesday, I started with Soft Shelled Crab done with a heavy butter, cheese and crawfish sauce. The sauce really overpowered the delicate taste of the crab. Then, a very non-descript salad. And then had the Red Snapper, again, in a very heavy cream, crawfish based sauce. It was OK, but I felt it didn't have the bang for the buck.

Also, take cash. I was having my salad when the couple next to me went to pay their bill and were told, "Cash only!". So, I had to get up during my meal to go to the cash machine across the street. It would have been nice to been informed of this by the waiter or a notice on the menu or sign on the front door.

Adolfo's
611 Frenchmen St.
New Orleans, Louisiana 70116
504 948 3800

No comments: