Monday, October 13, 2008

Hookah Cafe - New Orleans, LA




This was my destination for dinner on Wednesday. It was almost directly across the street from my hotel. It is a dark and mysterious place that promised good tapas and seafood. My waitress asked "if I was smoking tonight?"... After my eyes adjusted to the light, I noticed that there were several tables of people smoking from hookah's... "Not tonight." I responded. But it was very interesting to observe.

One of the things I "earmarked" for dining out was to have their fried green tomatoes. So I ordered their Fried Green Tomato Napoleon - A triple stack of fried tomatoes layered with shrimp, Louisiana crawfish and crab meat with a rich butter cream sauce. Incredibly good!
From there, I had the Marigny Bouillabaisse. It, too, was wonderful with tons of fish and seafood.

Finally, I had to indulge myself and had Pecan Praline Creme Brulee... probably the best thing I've ever had.

Hookah Cafe
500 Frenchmen St.
New Orleans
(504) 943-1101

No comments: