Friday, May 8, 2009

Pad Thai Kitchen Restaurant
















My daughter, Erin, and I went to a wonderful Thai restaurant yesterday and everything was delicious, generous and modestly priced. We started with the complimentary Tom Kha Tofu soup which is a hot and sour coconut milk soup with lemongrass, galanga roots, kaffir leaves, mushrooms and tomato. We shared an order of Fresh Salad Rolls which were above average and, again, were tofu based and vegetarian. Erin had Mussamun Curry which is tofu in a mussamun curry paste and coconut milk with potatoe, carrots, onions and roasted peanuts served with rice. I had the Pad Thai and it was delicious and very much above average. The service was OK and the food came up quickly. I would definitely go back anytime.
Pad Thai Kitchen Restaurant
2309 SE Belmont St
Portland, OR 97214
(503) 232-8766‎

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I recommend Thai Orchid that is located across the road from Costco/McDonalds on Cornell, almost by the Hillsboro Airport. The manager's name is Bat and they make some incredible Pad Thai (very fresh shrimp, I always order extra). It is the only place in the world that makes it how I like. Its around $10 for a large plate of it.

Don't miss this gem. I will be eating there and Mio Sushi alot while I am in Oregon this summer.

Regards,
Wojo

Tim said...

Wojo,
I have always loved Thai Orchid... there used to be one walking distance from my home... It has now turned into the Thai Cabin and reviewed it last December... unfortunately not as good as Thai Orchid... and,as I remember... pretty good Pad Thai..

I too love Mio Sushi... go there way too often...

Glad to know you keep an eye on my blog and hopefully I can shed some light on new places for you to try when you are in town.

Thanks for the comment,
Tim

Unknown said...

So I take it that all the Thai Orchid's are gone? I ate at 4 of them while I lived there, but the only good one was at the Cornell Rd location. Bat knew my order soon as I walked in. Not sure if you like BBQ, but Reo's Ribs on TV Hwy is incredible. He is Snoop Dogg's uncle and Snoop is part owner in store. The pork roast, fried okra and candied yams. Along with Texas Sweet Tea are all damn good. I will pass along more info as I remember it.

Tim said...

No, Wojo... there are Thai Orchid's around... just the one by me went away... I think the economy is the cause of the closure... Haven't been to Reo's but know they are good... and, not inexpensive... I'm lucky.. some of my friends do the best BBQ I've ever had...