Saturday, February 21, 2009

Farm Fresh Eggs With Potato, Mushroom Hash
















My friend Rachel was sooo kind as to share some of her wonderfully fresh from the coop eggs. I can't remember the name of the hens but the eggs are suppose to be lower in cholesterol and they have the most beautiful color. It's almost like they were dyed for Easter, but that is their natural color. So, I sliced up some onions and crimini mushrooms and sauted them with some thawed potato's O'Brien for the perfect potato, mushroom hash. This was one of the most tasty breakfasts in quite a while. THANK YOU, RACHEL ! ! !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim,

The chickens are called Araucana.

Did you know that I "chicken sit" for my neighbors when they are on vacation? They have some of these and the "ladies" are just beautiful! I didn't know about the eggs being lower in cholesterol. :o]

Jill

Anonymous said...

Oops..."the ladies" are Ameraucana - An American "mutt" version of the South American Araucana. My friends are the golden ones with the black tipped feathers.

Thank goodness for Wikipedia!

Jill