Monday, February 23, 2009

East Burn Restaurant











I was delighted to be treated to brunch out Sunday. My daughter moved over near the Laurelhurst area and so I was browsing Google for restaurants in the area and found the East Burn. I was delighted to find that there was NO waiting at 10:30 a.m. The bartender was welcoming and I had : the Vivacious Mary- $5 Made with House Smoked Tomatoes and New Deal Distillery-Hot Monkey Vodka. It was delicious and so I had two, actually.

We had the Cow Tipper Omelet -Slices of Marinated Flank Steak, Caramelized Onions, Mushrooms and Cheddar Cheese. Topped with Horseradish Cream. And, Cheffrey’s Corned Beef Hash - House Smoked Corned Beef Brisket with Diced Potatoes and Onions. Served with Two Eggs cooked to order and choice of toast.

The flavor of the brisket was absolutely delicous and the flank steak was cooked to perfection.

As a fun, free starter we were brought a plate of tastes of four different doughnuts... cool !
And, there was great background music flowing and adding to the gread experience.
Restaurant site.

MySpace page...

the East Burn
1800 E Burnside
Portland, OR
(503) 236-2876

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

East Burn looks good! I'm going to try it out soon. Thanks for the review. (The reviews are the best part of the blog.) :-)