Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Slanted Door Restaurant, San Francisco
















Before riding around on some streetcars on my last day, I had a wonderful and delicious lunch at The Slanted Door restaurant in the Ferry Building on the bay. I started with a very generous sized German beer and the Slanted Door spring rolls with shrimp, pork, mint and peanut sauce. Both were light and refreshing. For my entre, I couldn't resist the cellophane noodles with fresh dungeness crab meat... again, light and refreshing and very generous with the Dungeness crab. On my waiter's suggestion, my dessert was a Meyer lemon pot de creme
with ginger snaps. A perfect meal that left me satisfied, yet not too full for a day of traveling.
The Slanted Door
1 Ferry Building
San Francisco, CA 94111
(415) 861-8032

1 comment:

cappy said...

Enjoyed visiting your blog. Nice to meet another "foodie". Stop in and visit our blog sometime, we are also foodies. With a cajun flair.