Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend fun and games...






My friends Rick, Deb and JR had a fabulous barbeque on Saturday... unfortunately, I forgot my camera but I will hopefully take loan of others pictures for future reference... That said, the event was the unveiling of Ricks birthday gift from Deb.... A GAS POWERED BLENDER ! ! !


A suvivalists necessity, it is perfect for camping, block parties or early morning smoothies as payback for the neighbor running his leaf blower too early last weekend.


Deliciously smoked brisket and tasty sides were the fare of the day. For my part, I baked some thyme infused loaves of bread and a black bean and corn salad. Fortunately, my bread turned out OK after accidentally turning the oven off after 20 min.... luckly, I had two pizza stones in the over so it held heat for the 10 -15 min. it took me to turn it back on... :-)


It was a wonderful night and the food was perfect and it was especially nice to be with such a great group of friends.... Thanks to all !

No comments: