Sunday, August 31, 2008

Metropolitan Grill - Seattle






I indulged myself with a train ride to Seattle to watch an exhibition game between the Seattle Seahawks and my Oakland Raiders. The train ride was peaceful and I enjoyed reading an interesting book on the round trip. The game was as to be expected (more or less, the final tryouts for both clubs); however, an excellent seat on the 50 yardline made this an exceptional treat.

Before going to this night game, I had the chance to visit the Metropolitan Grill. It was highly recommended by a friend and I read that it is one of the best steakhouses in the country. Coincidentally, it was located two blocks from my hotel ( Arctic Club) and walking distance to the stadium. I was able to slide in at 4:30 and enjoy a fabulous filet and lobster dinner. Started with a Ceasar Salad that had delicious fresh anchovies, enjoyed a fine Seven Hills Merlot and finished with a Creme Brule'... only had half.. :-) This restaurant specializes in prime aged beef and what a treat it was. Everything about this place is splendid and if you have an occasion in Seattle, it would be hard to find a better place.

P.S. Sorry for the mediocre pictures... from my phone.

820 2nd Ave
Seattle, WA 98104
(206) 624-3287

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Fun!! I've just stumbled across your blog. I grew up in the Seattle area and I've now been in Tennessee for over 15 years. I had never considered taking a train between Seattle and Portland. Did you make this trip by yourself? Last weekend I took myself to St. Louis for an afternoon and had a great dinner also by myself. It's so do-able!

Tim said...

Hi dimberly... I love taking the train to Seattle. It's leisurely and no stress from driving which traffic can be a pain. You save $40 to $50 per night on valet parking. And, with really good public transportation in both Seattle and Portland, it's just plain easy AND green! Plus, the ticket costs near the same as the gas you would have to buy. And, yes, I travel solo all the time and love it.