Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Salty's on the Columbia











Well, odd as it sounds, this was the first time I've been to Salty's on the Columbia. It was a beautiful 80 degree Monday and I enjoyed the view from the deck of boats meandering by on the water and planes taking off from PDX was most enjoyable. We were there for Happy Hour and the hostess, bartender and waitress were extremely friendly and nice. However, the food was very so-so... we had some oyster shooters which were OK... the Coconut Prawns were awful... grease dripping from them and just not good... my Fish Taco's were OK but, honestly, who would serve them with crumbled blue cheese??? The Blackened Salmon Ceasar Salad was good but at $7.99 a bit pricey... it is normally $23.95 on the dinner menu... get out of here!!! I've heard they do a good Sunday brunch but I'm not excited about going back.
Salty's On The Columbia
3839 N.E. Marine Drive
Portland, OR 97211
Restaurant (503) 288-4444

No comments: