Sunday, December 21, 2008

Very Cute Olive Penguin Appetizers











Two of my very good friends, Deb and Pete, had a birthday celebration the other day. There was wonderful smoked brisket, pulled pork, deviled eggs, pasta salads, potato salad and more. For my part, I borrowed an idea to make olive penguins from: http://onceuponaplate.blogspot.com/2008/12/olive-penguins.html


These were a bit labor intensive. I had a very helpful email from Mari at the Once Upon A Plate blog and she gave me some tips on getting the cream cheese into the olives and how to neaten them up. Thanks Mari ! !


The penguins were a hit and everyone thought they were very creative and cute. ALL of the food was absolutely delicious and it was so very nice to spend the evening with such good friends. Thanks to all ! ! !

1 comment:

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Tim, you did a fantastic job! They look so cute ~ the next time I'm going to make mine with bigger feet, too. I love them that way.

A belated Happy Birthday to your friends it sounds like it was a great celebration.

Thank you for linking to my blog. All my best, ~m.
P.S. Your pooch is soo cute!